This month we launched Wellspace Nurture and Nourish November, our wellness initiative. November marks the beginning of winter in the northern half of the world.
We opened our own office Smoothie Bar, beginning with a Berry Brain Booster. Smoothies enable us to take in the vitamins and minerals we need, here are some of the benefits:-
- Increases energy levels from natural carbs.
- Promotes brain health.
- High in healing antioxidants, reducing cholesterol fights signs of ageing and boosts immunity.
- Green smoothies reduce cravings for junk food.
- A glass of fruits and vegetables is one of the most alkalizing meals on the planet!
Some other great ideas for November that we promoted amongst our staff – Nurture with Hygge – pronounced hoo-gah, is a Danish culture which has recently caught on in the world. This Norwegian living style describes cosiness and comfortable conviviality with a feeling of wellness and contentment open to your own personal interpretation. Finding a more profound meaning within ordinary life and establishing a meaningful, mindful connection with the world. Embracing little luxuries every day to foster a sense of comfort and kinship. Some ways to make life more hygge could be:-
- Spending quality time with good friends and family, we all know having quality time with great people makes us happy.
- Sitting by a roaring log fire brings feelings of relaxation, warmth and comfort
- Keeping things simple, with food cooking like heartwarming soups
- Dimming the lights and lighting candles
- Drinking cocoa, a delicious real hot chocolate drink promotes heart and brain health decreases inflammation, blood sugar and yes, weight control
- Picking up a good book rather than an electric kind under a warm blanket
- Time out from the iPhone perhaps an hour (or two) before bedtime
- Create your own morning or evening ritual, creating some time for yourself helps prepare you for the day ahead or a good night’s sleep
- Practice a gratitude journal of 3 things each day, gratitude is proven to promote happiness, kindness, and mindful awareness,
- Hugs! Cuddles, holding hands and hugs release oxytocin, dopamine and serotonin giving us happiness, and relaxation, improving mood and lowering levels of depression
The Operations team recently enjoyed a well-deserved Spa Day at the stunning Armathwaite Hall Hotel. Situated in the Lake District and dating back to the 11th century, Armathwaite Hall Hotel & Spa is close to Bassenthwaite Lake and Skiddaw Mountain. Making the most of the facilities, the team enjoyed the hydrotherapy pool, steam rooms, sauna and hot tubs, not to mention a celebratory glass of fizz!
The team enjoyed some home time making homemade chutneys, soups, and casseroles, and baking the family Christmas Cake!
Events in November
13 November is World Kindness Day (1998)
19 November is International Men’s Day (1999)
25 November is International Day for the Elimination of Violence against women (1981)
Watch this Well Space for December wellness activities!